News & Updates:
Coronovirus (COVID-19) Helping In Our Community
Latest Government Advice
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your face in enclosed spaces, hospitality venues when not seated, public transport including taxis, although the NYLRF suggest that while infections in a particular area are increasing that they are worn when you leave the house. Try not to share a car with someone who is not from your household or social bubble.
- Stay 2 metres apart where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place.
- Rule of 6, groups of people should be no more than six. Children are included in the group of 6 in England.
- Download the NHS COVID-19 app
The North Yorkshire County Council Coronavirus service updates includes a reminder of the symptoms which should mean that you self isolate and get a test. These are:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- loss/change in your normal sense of smell or taste
Hambleton Isolation Help Group
To help the residents of Hambleton to cope with isolation this group was set up by volunteers. They are able to help with a range of issues, or can simply be a friendly voice on the other end of the phone.
Other sources of help:
- Lifeline customers – if you are a lifeline customer, they will arrange shopping and prescription at the usual cost
- Selby District AVS – 01757 291111
- Selby Hands of Hope – 01757 705855
- NHS – nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ contains information about various aspects of the virus.
- North Yorkshire County Council – northyorks.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information includes information about the changes to services
- UK Government – gov.uk/coronavirus
Food delivery services
There are a number of local businesses that are currently offering online shopping or a delivery service into Hambleton. Below are a list of the currently known retailers:
- Birchall Foods – birchallfoods.co.uk or telephone 01282 526610.
- Food can be ordered and paid for over the phone or online and Emma at the Red Lion has agreed to be the delivery hub.
- Brayton Farm Shop – telephone 01757 210296
- Call after 3 pm and they will put your order together while you are on the phone. You can then pay by card and they will deliver the items that day unless they say something different.
- Hambleton Stores – telephone 01757 229000
- Food can be ordered over the phone for delivery anywhere in the village.
- Monk Fryston Post Office – monkfrystonvillagestores.co.uk or telephone 01977 682252
Supermarket special opening hours
Most supermarkets are offering opening hours where only those individuals that are identified as vulnerable and those designated as key workers are able to access the stores.
Elderly (70 and over) & Vulnerable Customer Priority Times
- Sainsbury’s Selby – Monday, Wednesday & Friday 0800-0900
- Tesco, Portholme Road, Selby – Monday, Wednesday & Friday 0900-1000
NHS Workers Priority Times
- Morrisons, Market Cross, Selby – Monday – Saturday 0700-0800, Sunday 0900-0930
- Sainsbury’s, Abbey Walk, Selby – Monday – Saturday 0730-0800
- Tesco, Portholme Road, Selby – Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday 0900-1000
Please check supermarket websites for updates to these times and specific Easter opening times.
Major supermarkets all offer their own online shopping delivery services. With the current high level of demand, website access and delivery slot availability can be limited. However, some of these supermarkets are currently opening priority delivery slots to individuals that can be identified as vulnerable. Please see the supermarket websites for more information.
Recreation Ground & Garth Drive Play Area
The Parish Council have worked to meet the updated government guidance on playgrounds and open air gyms and are pleased to announce that these facilities are now open.
The government strongly advises that social distancing guidance is followed when using these facilities.
Please note that dogs are not allowed in the recreation ground at any time.