Hambleton Parish Council – Complaints Procedure

1. Hambleton Parish Council is committed to providing a quality service for the benefit of the people who live or work in its area or are visitors to the locality. If you are dissatisfied with the standard of service you have received from this council, or are unhappy about an action or lack of action by this council, this Complaints Procedure sets out how you may complain to the council and how we shall try to resolve your complaint.

2. This Complaints Procedure applies to complaints about council administration and procedures and may include complaints about how Parish Council have dealt with your concerns.

3. This Complaints Procedure does not apply to complaints about Parish Councillors who are covered by a Code of Conduct. Any complaints about Parish Councillors should be referred to the Electoral Officer at Selby District Council.

4. You may make your complaint about the council’s procedures or administration to the Clerk. You may do this in person, by phone, or by writing to or emailing the Clerk. The addresses and numbers are set out below.

5. Wherever possible, the Clerk will try to resolve your complaint immediately. If this is not possible, the Clerk will normally try to acknowledge your complaint within five working days.

6. If you do not wish to report your complaint to the Clerk, you may make your complaint directly to the Chairman of the Council who will report your complaint to the Full Parish Council at its next full Council meeting.

7. The Clerk or Chairman (as appropriate) plus two other Councillors will investigate the complaint, obtaining further information as necessary from you and/or from staff or members of the Council.

8. The Clerk or the Chairman of the Council will notify you within 20 working days of the outcome of your complaint and of what action (if any) the Council proposes to take as a result of your complaint. (In exceptional cases the twenty working days timescale may have to be extended. If it is, you will be kept informed.).

9. If you are dissatisfied with the response to your complaint, you may wish to take the complaint up with your local District Councillors, County Councillors or MP.


Juvina Janik (Clerk)
43 Chapel Street
01757 229885

Richard Sim (Chairman)
7 Cherwell Croft

scroll to top