Hambleton Isolation Help Group
Hambleton Isolation Help Group (HIHG) is Hambleton’s community initiative to support vulnerable adults and families during the Coronavirus outbreak. This group was set up and is operated by a group of volunteers. Hambleton Parish Council are so pleased to have such community spirited residents within the village.
"Hambleton is lucky to have so many dedicated helpers."
As not every resident is online, the Parish Council would like to encourage all residents to pass on the contact details of this group on to anyone that they believe would benefit from Hambleton Isolation Help Group.
"We are delighted to say that our registered volunteers are still helping people."
The North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum (NYLRF) is a partnership of local agencies working together to manage emergencies and upgrade its status to emergency mode, the membership includes:
- “Blue light” services – North Yorkshire Police, North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue, Yorkshire Ambulance, British Transport Police;
- Local Authorities – North Yorkshire County Council, City of York Council, Craven District, Hambleton District, Harrogate Borough, Richmondshire District, Ryedale District, Scarborough Borough and Selby District;
- National agencies – E.g. Environment Agency, Highways England, Marine Coastguard;
- Health – NHS England, Public Health England, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Foundation Trusts;
- Utilities – E.g. National Powergrid, Yorkshire Water,
- Other organisations – E.g. Ministry of Defence
The NYLF published online on 18th September asking that we:
- Exercise extra vigilance in sticking rigorously to hand hygiene and social distancing guidance;
- Use face coverings when leaving home while community infection levels are increasing and avoid crowds;
- Stick to the ‘rule of six’
- Take extra care when leaving home if you have an underlying health condition or have been advised to shield;
- If you have covid symptoms, you must get a test. Isolate until you get a test and persist in trying to book one if you are experiencing difficulties.
- If you do not have symptoms, do not get a test, unless directed to do so. Priority is being given to those with symptoms.
"Our role is to minimise loneliness - we will be there to support in any way we can!"
Hambleton Isolation Help Group are able to support the following groups:
- Vulnerable adult groups (over 70 years).
- Sheltered individuals (who have been notified by the government that they sit in this group).
- Families/individuals who are isolating due to symptoms of COVID-19.
Their role is to respond to the needs of these vulnerable groups and ensure they feel safe, that they can access supplies and remained informed of the Government updates on the ongoing situation.
They may be able to help with the following requests:
- Grocery shopping
- Collecting prescriptions
- Walking dogs
- Phone Buddy System – a quick call or daily chat you choose!
"How can I access the system?"
Your request will be placed on the Hambleton Isolation Help Group Facebook page.
A volunteer will confirm their offer of help and your request will be shared privately.
The coordinator will contact you with the volunteer’s details.
The volunteer will contact you to discuss your request.
For shopping, they will collect your list and money.
Volunteers cannot use your debit or credit card as this is illegal – cash only can be used.
Please be assured that HIHG will only share your information with the volunteer responding to your call and no one else.
If you are in any doubt over any volunteer who has contacted you from this group, please contact one of the coordinators who will verify that it is one of their volunteers.
For all the volunteers, the following Government link gives advice on staying safe.
Please note, Hambleton Isolation Help Group is run entirely by volunteers and is in no way affiliated with Hambleton Parish Council.